PSA

OK, so I apologize to my readers reader brother because I haven't updated in a few days, and I feel just awful about it. So I bring you my first original Not a Laura Public Service Announcement:

Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that smoking is bad for you. And if you've been living under a rock, you probably haven't had the funds or resources to buy cigarettes in order to smoke - or the necessary oxygen to maintain a flame long enough to light a cigarette (remember that 3rd grade science experiment where you lit a candle and then put a glass over it and the flame went out? exactly). But I digress.
Anyway, if you are a smoker, frequently or occasionally (I'm looking at you, Brian), I'm sure that the traditional "It's baaaad for you" campaigns will do nothing to deter you.  However, I have come across some new, terrifying evidence that might make you quit. Cold turkey. For serious. I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

**Off topic, does the term "cold turkey", make anyone picture something along the lines of this:
And then, of course, all I want to do is giggle/give him a sweater...or some fly street wear
Right, now what was I talking about? Oh yes... the most amazing thing that has happened to smoking since 1950 pinup girls.



OK. Ready?

Here it is.

Smokers are 100% more likely to suffer from spontaneous human combustion than nonsmokers.  And since that is, personally, my biggest fear in the whole world (next to being eaten alive by rabid baby chihuahuas), I felt obligated to share this bit of thoroughly researched, FDA approved (probably) information.

Those of you who are unaware of what spontaneous combustion looks like, I found a video of a real live case:


I can only hope that sharing this information helped to save a life today.

And if you continue to smoke, make sure that you walk several paces in front of or behind me, cause I want NONE of that near me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment